Shiny Pokémons are variations of common Pokémon that have a unique or different color. They first appeared in Pokémon Go in 2017, during the global event of World Water Day, despite the fact that this type of Pokémon has been present in the franchise since the Gold and Silver editions. However, it was not until later editions that the “Shiny Pokémon” label was revealed. In this installment of our tips and tricks series, we’ll show you how to catch a Shiny Venonat. So, if you’re planning on pursuing them, keep this in mind!
- A bug and poison type Pokémon.
- Max CP: 39
- Max HP: 100
- Stamina: 120
- Base Attack: 108
- Base Defense: 118
- Attack Times: 29
- Height: 1 meter
- Weight: 30 kg
- Evolves into: Venomoth (50 candies)
- Can be obtained from a 5km egg
How to Catch and Where?
- You must first look for normal Venonat on the map in order to have a chance to find Shiny Venonat.
- You won’t notice it’s Shiny until you come across it.
- Venonat is extremely easy to catch!
- Catch Rate: 40%
- Flight Rate: 15%
Venonat attacks in Pokémon GO
- Normal Attacks:
- Sting, Confusion
- Special Attacks
- Poison Fang, Psychic Ray, Double Beam
How to Catch Other Shinys
Currently, the only and most common way to obtain these rare Pokémon is through one of the following six methods:
- Shinys can appear in wild encounters in the same way that any other Pokémon can be captured.
- A Pokémon may hatch in its shiny form from an egg at random.
- As a token of appreciation for completing some of these field or special assignments.
- May be available after defeating raid bosses.
- By evolution: When a shiny Pokémon evolves, it keeps its varicolored form.
- Temporary: In this case, we’re talking about shiny Pokémon that will only be available on Niantic‘s specified dates.
It’s also worth noting that shiny can be traded with other Trainers, making it easier to obtain the ones that aren’t available.
Also, if you’re after them, keep an eye out for special events like Community Days, which increase the chances of certain Pokémon appearing in a shiny form.