Torkoal is a fire-type Pokémon, that is only available in South Asia, Dubai, and India.
Torkoal has a turtle-like appearance, and amidst its small size, its entire body is extremely hot, reaching its maximum temperature inside its shell. It exhales smoke through its nostrils and, when enraged, can be extremely powerful.
He rarely appears to have his eyes open. It is a Pokémon with a long lifespan of more than 150 years. It’s based on a tortoise from the Galapagos Islands.
How to get Torkoal?
- A regional Pokemon (South Asia, Dubai, India)
- In the wild.
- You have a very slim chance of getting a shiny Torkoal.
Torkoal has no evolutions
When attacking Pokémon in Gyms, Torkoal’s best moves are Fire Spin and Overheat. This moveset has the highest total DPS and is also the most effective in PVP battles.
- Fire Spin
- DPS: 15.3
- DPS: 48
- DPS: 12
- DPS: 38.9
- Solar Beam
- DPS: 36.7
Counters and Strategy
- Type: Fire-type Pokémon
- Vulnerable to: Ground, Rock, Water-type moves
- Strong against: Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel-type Pokemon
- Resistant to: Fairy, Fire, Bug-type moves
- Top 5 Pokemon Counters:
- Smack Down / Rock Slide
- Bubble / Crabhammer
- Landorus (Therian)
- Rock Throw / Earth Power
- Waterfall / Surf
- Mud Slap / Earthquake
Pokemon Torkoal Trivia
- Its name is derived from a combination of the English words tortoise (tortoise) and torch (torch) (coal). Cotoise is a Japanese word that combines the words “coal” (coal) and “tortoise” (turtle)
- In the anime, Torkoal’s main source of energy is coal, and it has an extremely strong shell. If this powerful defense fails, it can confuse its enemies by releasing extremely dark smoke from its nose and back.
- Ash caught a Torkoal in the anime episode “All Torkoal, No Play” after assisting it in defeating a Steelix who was picking on it in the Valley of Steel.