Swellow soars above us, gracefully arcing through the sky. As soon as it sees its prey, this Pokémon dives at a sharp angle. Its clawed feet encircle the hapless prey, preventing it from fleeing.
How to get Swellow?
- Normal Swellow spawn stats are low in all areas.
- Typical encounter-and-catch pokemon.
- Can hatch from a 2km Egg.
- You have a very slim chance of getting a shiny Swellow.
Tailow evolves into Swellow.
- Requirement: 50x Candies
When attacking Pokémon in Gyms, Swellow’s best moves are Sky Attack and Wing Attack. This moveset has the highest total DPS and is also the most effective in PVP battles.
- Sky Attack
- DPS: 48
- Wing Attack
- DPS: 12
- Steel Wing
- DPS: 13.8
- Aerial Ace
- DPS: 27.5
Counters and Strategy
- Type: Normal / Flying-type Pokémon
- Vulnerable to: Ice, Electric, Rock-type moves
- Strong against: Bug, Ghost, Grass, Ground-type Pokemon
- Resistant to: Bug, Ghost, Grass, Ground-type moves
- Top 5 Pokemon Counters:
- Charge Beam / Wild Charge
- Smack Down / Rock Slide
- Darmanitan (Galarian Zen)
- Ice Fang / Avalanche
- Deoxys (Attack)
- Zen Headbutt / Zap Cannon
- Thunder Shock / Thunderbolt
Pokemon Swellow Trivia
- Swellow is dark-blue with a red chest and head. From the crown of its head, a crest of feathers sweeps back. It has a white underside and a blue stripe that runs between the red markings on its head and chest.
- This bird pokemon has red feet with black talons and small, narrow eyes. It also has a pointed, yellow beak. Three toes point forward and one toe points backward on each foot.
- It is extremely proud of its gleaming plumage and frequently cleans the wings of the same kind. While in the air, it looks for warm meadows. Wurmple is its favorite prey.
- First Anime Appearance: During the final round of the Crossgate PokéRinger competition, Ash’s Taillow evolved into a Swellow in That’s Just Swellow.