Genshin Impact is one of the most popular gacha games right now. Across the world, people are loving it for many reasons. But, it’s possible that you might not like it. If you’re looking to uninstall Genshin Impact from your PC, this guide will tell you exactly what you need to do.
How To Uninstall Genshin Impact
1. Using Launcher
There are multiple ways to go about it. The first one is from the launcher itself.
- From your desktop or home screen, open the Genshin Impact launcher.
- Click on uninstall.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall on the pop-up confirmation screen.
- Click on uninstall again and click on OK.
The process will take up to a couple of minutes, and you’ll be done.
2. From Control Panel
In case you’re unable to uninstall Genshin Impact from the launcher, you can do so easily from the Control Panel in Windows.
- Open Start Menu and search for “Control Panel”. Alternatively, you can press “Windows + R” keys together, and type in Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Look for Genshin Impact on the list. Right-click and hit Uninstall.
- Follow on-screen instructions to confirm and then uninstall the game.
In case you’re looking to uninstall Genshin Impact because you want to start fresh, unfortunately, deleting the game from your PC doesn’t delete your account. To do that, you need to write an e-mail to miHoYo telling them to delete your account.
It can take up to 30-60 days to delete your current account. Or you can simply create a new account with a different email ID if you’re not willing to wait that long. We suggest the latter since it’s much easier to do and you don’t have to wait to start the game again.
Genshin Impact is about to launch the update 2.1 very soon and bring whole new content to the players. If you’re planning to start playing the game, follow our website for regular guides!