Tyranitar is a powerful Pokémon GO raid boss and is in the Tier 3 ranking of difficulty. Taking it on may look intimidating but with the help of our Tyranitar weakness and counters guide you can easily beat him. Here are some excellent options to take down Tyranitar.
How to beat the Raid – Tyranitar weakness and counters
The best Pokemon Go Tyranitar counters are Shadow Machamp, Shadow Hariyama, Conkeldurr, Lucario, Machamp & Mega Lopunny. Tyranitar is really weak to Fighting, Bug, Fairy, Grass, Ground, Steel, and Water-type Pokémon.
The possible moves it can learn are Bite and Iron Tail for the fast moves, with Crunch, Stone Edge, and Fire Blast being the charge moves. Foggy weather boosts Tyranitar and also the effectiveness of Bite and Crunch. And if it’s Partly Cloudy, Stone Edge will have a damage boost if the Tyranitar knows it.
The best fighting type options:
- Lucario is the best counter-pick option when facing off against a Tyranitar. It’s one of the strongest Fighting-type Pokemon. Lucario’s combination of Counter and Aura Sphere to carve through Tyranitar fast. It can deal 250 damage per second with its massive type advantage. It also has a significant defense stat.
- Lucario’s second type is Steel. Though there are a few Fighting-types with higher overall points, Lucario’s double type puts it over the edge.
- Mega Lopunny with Low kick as the fast move and Focus Blast as the charge move.
- Another good option is Phermosa, which is a dual-type Fighting and Bug Pokemon. Phermosa is a glass cannon that can deal an immense amount of damage in a very short period of time.
Tyranitar weakness and counters: Non-fighting Pokemon
The following are the non-fighting options:
- Mega Blastoise with Water Gun as the fast move and Hydro Cannon as the Charged Move.
- Mega Gyarados with Waterfall as the fast move and Hydro Pump as the charged move.
- Blaziken with Counter as the fast move and Focus Blast as the charged move.
- Mega Venusaur with Vine Whip as the fast move and Frenzy Plant as the charged move.